Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concrete Slab Problem - beginner

41 REPLIES 41
Message 1 of 42
Wioletta_F
885 Views, 41 Replies

Concrete Slab Problem - beginner

Hello,

I'm trying to model concrete flat slab and compare the results to results from different software. I fallowed all guidance I could find but it looks like I'm doing something wrong and my deflections are WAY to big. Can you please help? Where do I start?

41 REPLIES 41
Message 41 of 42
Wioletta_F
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Orion to rowniez 'MESowski' program. Staramy sie ustalic, ktory z tych programow bedzie dla nas bardziej 'user friendly'.

Message 42 of 42

For FEM based programs mesh influences results especially over point supports so you should have identical / very similar meshing in both programs. If you make your mesh denser in these locations the values of bending moment will increase too. This is the reason for reduction over the support option in Robot which allow to reduce these unwanted peeks of bending for reinforcement calculations. In addition mind that the values depends on the direction of the projection of the results. The default for cuts in Robot is along the cut - I don't know how this is done in Orion but you have to make sure that you compare the same results. For maps in Robot you set the direction as automatic which is along the local X. Check also if you compare the same results (Mxx or Myy) - along the cut or perpendicular to the cut. Last but not least check the values of loads (sum of reactions) for the load case / combination you compare results for. They should be the same in both programs.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report