Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concrete Column Base connection

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 3 of 10
bartolome1819
3426 Views, 9 Replies

Concrete Column Base connection

Hello, about this connection, when I run a steel structure and I select one joint (fixed) the program ask me if I want to create a footing (single foundation) for that element (a steel column IPE), after I accept the program calculate the foundation, I open the module "steel conection verification" in order to create a concrete column base. I see on my structure the steel column and the foundation But, the button "concrete column base" is disable. My question is, how I can get this button enable to make this connection (steel column -> concrete column base to one foundation). Thank You. 

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10

Hello, about this connection, when I run a steel structure and I select one joint (fixed) the program ask me if I want to create a footing (single foundation) for that element (a steel column IPE), after I accept the program calculate the foundation, I open the module "steel conection verification" in order to create a concrete column base. I see on my structure the steel column and the foundation But, the button "concrete column base" is disable. My question is, how I can get this button enable to make this connection (steel column -> concrete column base to one foundation). Thank You. 

Message 2 of 10

Hello, about this connection, when I run a steel structure and I select one joint (fixed) the program ask me if I want to create a footing (single foundation) for that element (a steel column IPE), after I accept the program calculate the foundation, I open the module "steel conection verification" in order to create a concrete column base. I see on my structure the steel column and the foundation But, the button "concrete column base" is disable. My question is, how I can get this button enable to make this connection (steel column -> concrete column base to one foundation). Thank you

Message 4 of 10

Select he column and its bottom (supported) node and press the indicated button

steel connection from model.PNG

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 10

Thank you for your time, I know that with this button I can design a base, but my question is, why if I have concrete and a steel column, the button "concrete column base" is disabled.??

Thank you

Message 6 of 10

This connection type is available for French CM66  code only but I assume this is not the type you want to use for your frame Smiley Happy

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 10

ahhh ok!!! thank you!!

saludos desde Caracas - Venezuela

Message 8 of 10

Last question 1) for this topic, on the same picture I posted here, how can I see the reinforcement bars on the foundation in the main window?
I'm using 3d frame design, I don't know if I need to open a building design project to see the reinforcement bars.
2) In others autocad programs, I can select one element (a beam, a column, a line) and hide the rest of the structure (ideal for edit) and I can draw references lines, references planes and points. The question is, How can I select one element and hide all the rest of the structure? And, How can I draw reference lines points and planes?

Thank you!!

Message 9 of 10

1) for this topic, on the same picture I posted here, how can I see the reinforcement bars on the foundation in the main window?

You can't. You can see them only in the RC Design modules.

2)  The question is, How can I select one element and hide all the rest of the structure?

You select the part of the model you want top see and open it in a new window

open in a new window.PNG

And, How can I draw reference lines

line.PNG

node.PNG

and planes?

planes.PNG

Artur Kosakowski
Message 10 of 10

Thanks a lot  Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report