cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complete GUI Overhaul

Complete GUI Overhaul

I have been looking at Robot for several years now. I tried the demo in 2011 and 2012. I am a long-time user of Autodesk products (Civil 3D, Architecture, ADR) and I am attracted by Robot because it is an Autodesk product now. 

Each time I look at Robot I get the impression that not much is happening in development and that Robot is neglected by Autodesk. There are no updated manuals or tutorials or support or training seminars and the GUI has no relation to other Autodesk products and does not have the quality feel of Architecture.

Autodesk has a huge opportunity to take the lead among the likes of RISA, Ram, S-Frame, and SAP2000 with a comprehensive user friendly structural design/analysis package that integrates seamlessly with Revit and Autocad. For my part I am looking for some leadership and innovation and committment from Autodesk to this venture.  

4 Comments
Mirko.Jurcevic
Collaborator

Couldn't agree more!

Great post!

sameer.ramgoolam
Observer

Hi, I agree as well. The refreshed look is long overdue.

Mirko.Jurcevic
Collaborator

Great post!
It's not just the GUI but the workflows also.

I heard many of my collegaues complain that it is very complicated to use. Comment I hear the most is that Robot looks to them like it's made of several different softwares - that don't like each other. Like a house made of every kind of material you could find.

Not to mention that is still very buggy, in many situations very slow, some of the features sometimes work as expected, sometimes they don't work or don't respond (buggy). Lot of stuff is half developed. Milions of databases, and every works in different way... printout compostion from the last century, files are large in size (they shrink almost 10 times if you zip them, c'mon, Microsoft Office got this almost 10 years ago - for example docx files are already zipped and are smallest as possible)

etc.. I could go with this for hours..

philip.s
Alumni
Status changed to: Gathering Support
prior status deleted, setting to default

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report