Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code ??? INTERACTION DIAGRAM FOR SHEAR WALL

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
athurD
2229 Views, 14 Replies

Code ??? INTERACTION DIAGRAM FOR SHEAR WALL

Hi. I don't see robot code caculation INTERACTION DIAGRAM FOR SHEAR WALL

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: athurD

Such sort of results is not available for shear walls.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 15

because you wouldn't design one for out of plane moment, hence the name shear wall

Message 4 of 15

That's a good question,

It's time to ARSAP team to include this option in oder to complete the solution for seismic desing calculations, we can start by doing it for rectangular shape in a first time,and after for the other configurations. That would really help ARSAP users,still also waiting for RC desin of diferent shpae of pile cap in oder to complete de foundation design modulus.

Thanks

Message 5 of 15

Heloo.

I think Robot version 2014 is INTERACTION DIAGRAM FOR SHEAR WALL.

Message 6 of 15
athurD

Hi all.
I tried looking at the code, but I can not find documentation and formulas.
If you have any documentation about it, you can share to me?
Thanks
2012-10-13_1007.png

Message 7 of 15
Artur.Kosakowski

If you are able to indicate any reference that describes the way of designing walls under bi-directional bending and axial force I would be much interested too Smiley Happy

Such design is currently not supported in Robot.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 8 of 15
athurD
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Hi.Artur
I find the theory column. But I do not quite understand, the solution of the column.

you can provide theoretical royal adjust 3D calculated column???

Thanks.

2012-10-18_1304.png

Message 9 of 15
Artur.Kosakowski

I'm not sure if I understand your question. As far as I can see these formulas are for calculations of bending moments based on arm of forces (forces in each of reinforcement bars plus force in concrete) where z is the distance to the neutral axis.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 10 of 15
athurD

Thank Artur.
I need the document (book , formula...) about  INTERACTION DIAGRAM FOR COLUMN 3D .
You can give me document  about it?
I was looking for, but it was too little.
Thanks.
Message 11 of 15
Artur.Kosakowski

This 'sphere' is created by calculating column capacity with generated reinforcement for all sets of axial force and bending moments. This is done by calculating equilibrium of forces in the cross section meaning that the neural axis is found (unless the entire column is under tension or compression) and then forces in each reinforcement bar as well as in concrete is determined. This is the same as for simple bending (you calculate force in compressed part of the concrete and force in reinforcement. Knowing the limit of stresses in concrete and steel you can determine the maximal bending moment the RC element can withstand) but in 3D. The formulas are these from the picture you inserted. The limits of axial force and bending moments is determined by maximal allowable stress level in concrete and steel.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 12 of 15
athurD

Thanks, Artur
You please give me one example of calculations by hand of 3D Interaction DIAGRAM column. ???
Thank again.

Message 13 of 15
Artur.Kosakowski

I'm sorry but this would be to much of calculations Smiley Happy

Please check this document:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=how%20to%20determine%20bending%20capacity%20for%20rc%20beam&s...

This is about the simple bending (so for the column that  would allow you to calculate two points of the 'sphere'; one for Mx = max and N=0 and the other for My = max and N=0 ) but the same principle applies for bi- directional bending and bi-directional bending with axial force.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 14 of 15
athurD

thanks, Artur Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 15

We also hope that RSA will include, more features for this kind of topics , we see some power- point presentation on AU university where the speaker show a patner ship between RSA and Alstiscad about this topic, so we hope that for the next release that RSA team will include a more complete design report for design of RC shear wall in Seismic Area for major Seismic code, such as EC8, ACI and CSA etc..

as the Bentley did it recently for RAM  or SOFTEK with is S-concrete modulus, as illustrated in the adress below :

http://communities.bentley.com/other/old_site_member_blogs/bentley_employees/b/josh_taylors_blog/arc...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report