Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code Check for single member

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bjur
328 Views, 3 Replies

Code Check for single member

I selected a column bar, right clicked, and selected "object properties".  I then selected the Code Check tab.  In the load combination combo box (located on the main tool bar), I selected a pre-saved list of combos that I wanted to see the results on (shown as load combinations 15 to 66).  See the attached picture.  Here's the problem:  The code check value of .86 is apparently for a load combination that wasn't in my list of load combinations to check.  In fact that load combination is for a very few select members where I need to check a special connection.  Note that load combo 88 is shown as the governing load combo, while only load combinations 15 to 66 were supposed to be displayed.  Is this a bug or am I doing this wrong.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: bjur

It is better to check design results after design caclulations.

Isn't 88 case the govering case calculated in "proper" steel design module?

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 4
bjur
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Load case 88 was for other members that needed to be designed for omega (a seismic factor needed on some members that are part of the seismic force resisting system).  In this case, this column did not need to be designed for omega.  I used the drop down box to select the load cases to check which load case goverened for this member from the list of load combos that applied to this member.  I was under the impression that this drop down box would filter the code check results in the same way that it filters the shear / moment / deflection diagrams.  

Message 4 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: bjur

I do recommend checking design results after design caculations.

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report