Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cladding Panels - Graphical Problem?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
C.MacNicol
396 Views, 3 Replies

Cladding Panels - Graphical Problem?

Hi,

I am using cladding panels to define a one way spanning floor on to beams. Normally when I define the cladding panel it is displayed as a transparent panel, however occasionally it is shown as opaque. In some panels they are a mixture of the two! Screenshot attached showing the problem.

Is this likely to be just a graphical problem or an error with the panel definition? I thought maybe it was due to the plates being warped but on inspection of the contour coordinates all the nodes are in the same vertical plane.

Thanks

Chris

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Indeed this looks like it. Please try the solution proposed here

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/robot-software-program-error/m-p/3328987

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4
C.MacNicol
in reply to: C.MacNicol

Hi,

Unfortunately this does not seem to work. However if it does appear that this is only a graphical problem and not one which will affect the results then I think I can live with that.

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
rohitsarode22
in reply to: C.MacNicol

Hello there!

Attached are 2 screen shots which visually show some gap between the cladding edge and B1 beam element.

Is this just a graphical error? I assume yes!
I tried applying some dummy load at end location of B2, seemingly it was getting transferred as I checked the shear force of the perpendicular beam B1. 
To my surprise, I am able to measure the visually seen gap also, by measuring tool.

If I happen to intersect the members B1 and B2, I am amazed to see B1 moving visually to get connected to B2 exactly (though the end coordinates of B1 dont change!).
I have checked the load distribution graphically, things seem ok.

My next question - Is there any smarter way to make sure that cladding is connected to the adjoining beam exactly (or at least the beam ends-nodes) , rather than zooming in and falling prey to any graphical error.
If cladding is orthogonal with respect to global X and Y directions, it is easy. But my case is not orthogonal with respect to global X and Y directions.

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report