Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Circular hole in a cylindrical wall

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
948 Views, 2 Replies

Circular hole in a cylindrical wall

Hi. My problem is that i can't figure out the way to make a circular hole in a cylindrical wall. I tried to use option with combining two objects (i've attached a file in which i tried to cut a hole in a cylindrical wall using another cylinder) but i don't know if it's right direction. When im trying to subtract one object from another Robot gives me "not a body get" error. Is there any way to do it right ? Robot file

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: 120391
Message 3 of 3
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

So i've done everything like in the instruction and after a quite long time of waiting this is the result : 

hole.png

Any idea what am I doing wrong ?

Edit : Ok got it right this time. Everything is quite ok , but if i try to get a circular shape i need to make a really dense mesh and it takes forever for my computer to connect those objects. I've waited some time and he did it but then i wanted to mesh the result (object with hole) and Robot does the whole connecting procedure again. So now everytime i change something (add new load and want to get actual results for an example) Robot will be connecting those objects again ? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report