Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot debug Robot 2014 in Visual Studio 2013

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
khoa.ho
644 Views, 6 Replies

Cannot debug Robot 2014 in Visual Studio 2013

Hi,

I have a problem in debugging my .NET add-in for Robot 2014 in Visual Studio 2013. The break point was never hit in both normal VS debug or attach to process "Robot.exe". I don't know if something was wrong or incorrect configuration. There is also the same problem with debugging not hit on AutoCAD prior to 2011, with FIBERWORLD variable is 1 (default). I guess there may be something similar with Robot.

Thanks,

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Leader_Mohamed
in reply to: khoa.ho

it may be because you write your code in visual basic .NET but the SDK examples are in visual basic 6.0 so you'll have to convert and add some syntax

I attatch the first example of the SDK pdf and see how I dealed with it.

note that this example was writen in visual stuio 2013 so it'll not be opened in older version so you'll have to copy the designer code and the main code into your project.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/81sg0dyh8j2q04u/my_first_API.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2j447r09696rvvj/RobotAPI.zip

Message 3 of 7
Rafal.Gaweda

debugging my .NET add-in for Robot 2014 in Visual Studio 2013. 

You are attaching in wrong way to robot.exe process.

Full description how to do it correctly should be posted on Friday.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 4 of 7
khoa.ho
in reply to: Leader_Mohamed

I tried your project in VS 2013 with Robot 2014 and it works normally to debug. The standalone EXE project can be debugged when it connect to Robot via COM. My problem is the DLL project which should attach to Robot.exe, and cannot run as independent application like EXE project.

Thank you.

Message 5 of 7
khoa.ho
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

I am looking forward to the solution on this Friday. My project is DLL not EXE. Thank you.

Message 6 of 7
buchack

There are no special tricks to debug add-ins in robot.exe process. The FIBERWORLD variable is meanigless in robot.exe.

1. The proper debugger type must be attached. If add-in in compiled in .NET 4.0 then debugger type must be the same type, see picture
    Untitled.jpg
  2. If breakpoints still don't work, then check if correct addin is loaded to robot.exe process. Open VisualStudio->Menu->Debug->Modules window and find your .dll on the list (run the ddin first). If the addin is on the list and the column 'Path' contain correct file path, check the 'Symbol Status' column. You should see 'Symbols Loaded' status, see picture
  3. If symbols are not loaded right-click on the selcted line and choose 'Load Symbols' from menu, you should see more informations about the problem with loading debug informations.
Krzysztof Buchacz
Software Engineer, Autodesk
Message 7 of 7
khoa.ho
in reply to: buchack

Hi Krzysztof,

It works for me now. Yes, there is no special tricks to debug add-ins in robot.exe process. My problem was the .NET add-ins did not load correctly on Robot. Now it's working 🙂

A quick question: will Autodesk have a new Robot store on Autodesk Exchange Apps? This product is growing and will have more developers to introduce apps based on it. I am going to have an app for Robot and will push to Autodesk store.

Thank you,

Khoa

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report