Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change material in bar table

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
PatrickEC
529 Views, 7 Replies

Cannot change material in bar table

I can change material of a bar to any material but one, see the screen capture: http://screencast.com/t/nEfAoWUq

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
A.wikipedia
in reply to: PatrickEC

Please send modol your.

Message 3 of 8

Try to define the same material in Job Preferences under a new name. Restart Robot and open the file again. Can you assign this new material?

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 4 of 8

It does not work, I cannot assign the new material either.

Message 5 of 8

To make sure I understand the situation correctly:

1. You can change the material of a particular bar to any but one from the list

2. If you define a new material in Job Preferences (give it a different name then the existing 'corrupted' one), save the file, restart Robot and open the saved file you are not able to assign this new material either

Is this correct?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 6 of 8

That is correct. I resaved the material under a new name and now I have two metarials that do not work.

Message 7 of 8

Make a copy of a file and try to open it in the repair mode. Is it the same? If yes, isolate this bar and save it in a separate rtd file. I'll try to check if I'm able to assign a newly created material to it.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 8 of 8

This worked for me. 

Muthomi Munyua

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report