Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculations using saved substructure

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
stroxy
269 Views, 1 Reply

Calculations using saved substructure

I believe we should be able to save part of the structure using Geometry>Structure>Save substructure to perform calculations and later update the main structure.  

However I notice that all columns, beams and floors etc. are converted to bars and panels when I save the substructure.  Changing them back to columns and beams gives me an warning that my results are out-of-date ... 

Is there a way of saving part of the structure and calculating required and provided reinforcement?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: stroxy

I'm sorry but I don't understand what actually happened. The calculations of reinforcement for both panels and bars is based on the values of internal forces which as saved along with the sub-structure and set of design parameters assigned to these objects which can be changed at any time and such change should not influence the status of the results. Could you make some screen captures that show both your actions and their results please?

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report