Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculating selected cases/combinations

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
bjornhgr
644 Views, 3 Replies

Calculating selected cases/combinations

Hi.

I'd like to follow up on this thread about calculating single or selected load cases or combinations. Like the thread starter in the referenced thread, I have a bunch of load cases and several non-linear combinations (due to elastic soil and uplift).

I would really like to be able to calculate single or selected combinations without having to flag/unflag each and every combination as auxiliary cases. Is there really no way of doing this for multiple cases at a time? In the referenced thread, the solutions seems to be "Calculation restart", but with no previous calculations, I seem unable to use this option. Also, if cases are flagged as auxiliary, it doesn't help to mark them in the calculation restart dialog box.

Is there a way that, independent of the existence of  previous results, allows me to pick the cases and combinations I want to calculate without going through the unacceptably time consuming process of flagging/unflagging auxiliary cases?

Regards

Bear G.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: bjornhgr

"Calculation restart", but with no previous calculations, I seem unable to use this option. 

It works , movie: http://screencast.com/t/CBjmtkRG5Se

Is there a way that, independent of the existence of  previous results, allows me to pick the cases and combinations I want to calculate without going through the unacceptably time consuming process of flagging/unflagging auxiliary cases?

This way: http://screencast.com/t/xvSJJnKxW

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 4
bjornhgr
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Ah, brilliant. I never really took the time to realize what "operations on selections of cases" meant. My bad! Thanks a lot, you just saved me some time!:)

Regards

Bear G

Message 4 of 4
gporrasm
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Hello Rafal. I found this in the Robot Forum. The videos that you shared there are available but they seem to work with adobe Flash Player, and I don't have that. May you share them to be played in another player?

Thank yoy very much in advance

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report