Robot Structural Analysis

Valued Contributor
bjornhgr
Accepted Solution

Calculating selected cases/combinations

147 Views, 2 Replies
11-28-2012 02:19 AM

Hi.

I'd like to follow up on this thread about calculating single or selected load cases or combinations. Like the thread starter in the referenced thread, I have a bunch of load cases and several non-linear combinations (due to elastic soil and uplift).

I would really like to be able to calculate single or selected combinations without having to flag/unflag each and every combination as auxiliary cases. Is there really no way of doing this for multiple cases at a time? In the referenced thread, the solutions seems to be "Calculation restart", but with no previous calculations, I seem unable to use this option. Also, if cases are flagged as auxiliary, it doesn't help to mark them in the calculation restart dialog box.

Is there a way that, independent of the existence of  previous results, allows me to pick the cases and combinations I want to calculate without going through the unacceptably time consuming process of flagging/unflagging auxiliary cases?

Regards

Bear G.

Please use plain text.
Product Support
Rafal.Gaweda

Re: Calculating selected cases/combinations

11-28-2012 02:52 AM in reply to: bjornhgr
 "Calculation restart", but with no previous calculations, I seem unable to use this option. 

It works , movie: http://screencast.com/t/CBjmtkRG5Se

Is there a way that, independent of the existence of  previous results, allows me to pick the cases and combinations I want to calculate without going through the unacceptably time consuming process of flagging/unflagging auxiliary cases?

This way: http://screencast.com/t/xvSJJnKxW

Rafal Gaweda
Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
bjornhgr

Re: Calculating selected cases/combinations

11-28-2012 03:19 AM in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Ah, brilliant. I never really took the time to realize what "operations on selections of cases" meant. My bad! Thanks a lot, you just saved me some time!:smileyhappy:

Regards

Bear G

Please use plain text.