Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug: shear deformations

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
AlexS_2013
305 Views, 1 Reply

Bug: shear deformations

I wanted to report a bug that consists of following:

I needed to account for shear deformations in my test model (two shear walls and link beams - all reinforced concrete). So I selected all bars, opened advanced bar properties and checked "consider shear forces in deformation calculations", ran analysis again and deflections at a certain point didn't change from what I had before without accounting for shear deformations. I tried to change shear modulus of my material, but that didn't affect results either.

Accidentaly I found solution to this. I opened bar sections dialog, opened link beam section and clicked "add" without changing any parameters. It asked me: "Section of the given name already exists! Would you like to modify it?", I clicked yes, ran analysis again and robot started to account for shear deformations in link beams. I unchecked "consider shear forces in deformation calculations" in avanced properties dialog and it gives me results as in the beginning. So now it seems to be working fine.

Support team, are you aware of this? Any recommendations on how to avoid such situations in real models?

Here is the link to the model that doesn't have any changes to bar sections yet

http://www.filemail.com/t/dfc18f07497141829a6ed27becd6f6ec

On my computer both walls displace the same amount, even though I checked the box to account for shear deformations on the right wall. I was comparing displacements at nodes 2670 and 951 under load case 2. If I do the trick with bar sections described above, displacements at these nodes become different.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: AlexS_2013

Support team, are you aware of this? Any recommendations on how to avoid such situations in real models?

Thanks for reporting. We need to fix it.

Thank you for nice workaround also.

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report