Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bending moment concentration on slab

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Mirko.Jurcevic
1948 Views, 5 Replies

Bending moment concentration on slab

I there a way to avoid this moment concentrations in sharp corners of the slab? I am attaching my model.

I've made similar model (more "rectangular") so I can compare results and results are more-less similar.

Still, I have some doubt in such results (with concentrations). My opinion is that those points somehow have higher rigidity or something so they "drag" a lot of load to themselfs and because of that results (moments) in other places are smaller than they should be. Am I right?

I tried with emiters and smaller FE size, but as expected I get even higher values in those places.

Opinions, experiences?

If this solved your issue, please Accept it as Solution help other forum users with similar issues to find answers easily.

Mirko Jurcevic

My blog: www.engipedia.com
Try my Revit add-ins: Autodesk App Store
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I can't think of any other solution but creating a support with assigned size in the corner and display results with the reduction over supports.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 6

Thanks Artur!

I was expecting increase of bending moment values (and reinforcement) in the middle of the slab but I get the same values.

I wasn't sure if the rest of the slab acts "correctly", it seems it does.

I hate those concentrations on model such as this because you can't make manual check...

If this solved your issue, please Accept it as Solution help other forum users with similar issues to find answers easily.

Mirko Jurcevic

Message 4 of 6
t.sautierr
in reply to: Mirko.Jurcevic

And with elastic releases at the edges? adjust it to adjust the moment. Of course for local study only.

If you adapt inertia of the pannel, same result? if the internia is reduced then moment over support will tend to 0

Message 5 of 6
Mirko.Jurcevic
in reply to: t.sautierr

You really think that I know how to do that ?  😉

I am satisfied with the current results, I'll try this when I'll have more time.

Thanks!

Mirko Jurcevic

Message 6 of 6

Do you have any other suggestion for sharp corner concentrations?

The same happens when modelling stairs surrounded with RC walls (see red circles in the picture).

You have to shorten the inclined slab width not to connect to the walls, but you have to provide connection of the landings to the wall. And again sharp corners with stress concentrations.

Some other suggestions beside 'artificial node supports'?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report