Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beam supported on girder

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
HoshangMustafa
375 Views, 5 Replies

Beam supported on girder

Hi

Please find the attached file.

As seen in the picture, beam is supported on girder (the beam looks like offset such that its top is flush with the top of girder) although the beam is modeled such that its center line is connected with the center line of the girder.

My question is that:

1- Does this ofset is considered in calculations?

2- Could ARSA display slab and beam connection with the same manner as with the beam and girder connection?

3- In the drawings of the design of beams, how slab is displayed with the beam (as SAFE can draw it)?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

1- Does this ofset is considered in calculations?

If not defined in a model then it is not.

2- Could ARSA display slab and beam connection with the same manner as with the beam and girder connection?

3- In the drawings of the design of beams, how slab is displayed with the beam (as SAFE can draw it)?

To see it as a T shape beam you need to change its cross section from a rectangle to a T one after importing  a beam from a model.
If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 6

Hi Artur

Thank you. It's amazing. I mean after importing to design module, you can change the shape without error. If I understand correctly. If so, I can change the depth of the section in design module without error. Is this correct also?

Message 4 of 6

You can do so but mind that the imported values of forces will be for the cross section as used in a model. This is why I suggested increase of IY for modelling T shape beams. See:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Robot-Structural-Analysis/T-slab/m-p/3185418

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Robot-Structural-Analysis/Beam-offsets/m-p/3332921

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: HoshangMustafa

Hello I Am new here

Message 6 of 6

Welcome!!

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report