Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beam Moment Capacity Problem

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
toha_mh
1855 Views, 5 Replies

Beam Moment Capacity Problem

Hi everybody,

Here is an attachment file of a simple structure. The spans are 8*8 on an average. I gave the beam dimensions 40*80. When I check for required reinforcement, it comes all ok. But when I go to provided reinforcement for beams (for example beam no. 35 to 38), in the beam diagram it shows that the moment capacity is less than the distributed moment (usually in the supports, negative moments).

How to solve this problem? I tried to increase the sections manually. But it needs very large sections. It increases the capacity, but at the same time it also increases moment distributuons. So it needs a huge sections, which seems not right. And am I supposed to do this manually by trial and error method? Isn't there any easy solution?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: toha_mh

Try to use the options indicated on the attached picture. Imn addition check if you have teh right concreet grade assigned to the beam. You may also want to consider calcuklating this beam as the T shape one.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/Beam-offsets/m-p/3332921/

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/T-slab/m-p/3185418

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 6
toha_mh
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Hi thanks, it works!

I found something more, what I am not sure about. There is an option called Typical Reinfocement. What is the use of it?

I tried to increase bar diameter for shear rein from here. As a result it increases the capacity, but instead of replacing the old transverse bars (suppose from 84 Ø 10 to 84 Ø 13) it adds more transverse bars with new diameter. (For example before it was 84 Ø 10, after change diameter from 10 to 12, now it is 80 Ø 10 + 80 Ø13). So the spacing also decreases.

Message 4 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: toha_mh

This is intended for creating manual bar distribution in the beam. It generates rebars based on the parameters you entered. Then you can run verification of such created reinforcement vs. loads you applied. Usually you use his option not having any rebars in the beam Smiley Happy

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 6

hi can any one please tell me how to check bending  capacities of the  beam in the table form ? in the result note  i can see diagrams but i wanna see capacities in the table form can anyone pleas help me ?

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 6

Moment capacity.png

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report