Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beam-Column Node verification

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
stroxy
1292 Views, 5 Replies

Beam-Column Node verification

When verifying RC beam column joint for seismic analysis EC8. I have a scenario where I have both a lower and upper column, but in the automatic generation of the node only the lower column appears with all relevant combinations, as well as all the beams framing into the joint with envelope/combinations.

The upper column is not automatically added. I notice I can manually select the upper column, but the combinations cannot be automatically assigned (correct?) ... Now with hundreds of combinations to choose from, how does one "manually" create/modify the combinations in the node?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
stroxy
in reply to: stroxy

Realized the issue was due to having plastic moments activated in the column seismic analysis.  

Question is how does one work around top storey columns (EC8) where node verification is not required but plastic moments need to be taken into consideration for shear verification.  Does one design the multi-storey top-floor column first without plastic moments to be able to verify the node at the column base and then check the design to see if it passes with plastic moments?  Or is there a simpler workaround?

Message 3 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski

Stroxy,

You should have all columns and beams (that meet in the node you want to design) calculated (with generated reinforcement) before attempting to design the node itself. In such case the plastic moment should not be any obstacle.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 4 of 6
genieyas

Hello Stroxy

i have the same issue, with the top story, how to indicate to robobat not to take node verification for the colomns of top storry because it gives me a very big colomn

Thinks for your help

Message 5 of 6
genieyas

hello

you see in yoyr question "the automatic generation of the node" : how to make this automatic or manuel, please helpe me bacause i want to disable this chek for the colomn of the top story

Sincerly

Message 6 of 6
genieyas
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Hello Mr Artur,

It is possible to disable node verification for the top story. please helpe me i will get crazy to understand this issue.

Sincerly

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report