Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8
tigrouis
976 Views, 7 Replies

Base shear

Where does robot show the value of the base shear and the total vertical load on the structure

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
tony.ridley
in reply to: tigrouis

Results then Reactions.  look for Fx or Fy for base shear, Fz for vertical

Message 3 of 8
stroxy
in reply to: tony.ridley

What accounts for the difference between the Fx, Fy and Fz calculated in the reactions table to that calculated in the stories (reduced forces tab) table?

Message 4 of 8
sernogostaf
in reply to: tigrouis

hi rafal and artur

i am wondering

is it possible to take value of seismic force at any direction (x or y )that acts on wall and coulmn from reduced forces tab ( results>>> story >>>reduced forces tab

because it is completely different from reaction results table

197.21+551.88=749.09 

55555.JPG

66.JPG

Message 5 of 8
sernogostaf
in reply to: sernogostaf

any idea
Message 6 of 8
tony.ridley

Looks like your filter is wrong.  

The total Fx is the same, I think there are some nodes not being counted properly in the reactions table.  

I don't think you can filter for bars, when you are actually after node reactions.  

Tony

Message 7 of 8
sernogostaf
in reply to: tony.ridley

hi

I have selected coulms at base level in order to know the total forces that acts on it    

yes total Fx the same and = base shear but  distributed forces to coulmn are wrong ??? how can i know distribution force to coulmn on reaction table as shown on reduced force tab

Message 8 of 8
sernogostaf

Hi Rafal and Artur
please

coud you confirm me is it possible to use reduced force tab instead of reaction table in order to know distribution forces to coulmn or wall at base level

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report