Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9
nrdev
541 Views, 8 Replies

Bar end rotation

Hi, I'm wondering how it is possible to know the rotation of one end of a bar in the model. I can see the rotation of one node, but if you have a beam supported on both ends and in the middle, I can't find how to see the rotation of the bar ends on the central support. Thanks. Regards.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: nrdev

Either you are looking for this:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Robot-Structural-Analysis/Nodes-Rotations-Local-Axes-API/m-p/3459442/h...

or just open Displacement table filtered to selection of these nodes.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 9
nrdev
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

No, I don't want to know the node's rotations in the bar's coordinates system, I'm attaching a sample model so to explain my problem. My model contains bars supported on 3 nodes. One bar is pinned to the middle support. If I apply different loads on the 2 bars, their deflections will be different and thus, the rotation on their end at the middle support node will be different. If I open the nodes' displacement table, I can see a rotation value for the middle node but I have no way of knowing which bar the node rotates with, nor to know the rotation of the other bar's end. (Well in this easy sample case I could guess, but it would be a lot more difficult in real life !). Thanks. Regards.
Message 4 of 9
nrdev

Sorry but the attachement system doesn't seem to work. I'm trying again from IE.
Message 5 of 9
Rafal.Gaweda

Not possible to see bar ends rotations in easy way.

This way : add node near the end you want to check rotations:

barendrotation.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 6 of 9
nrdev

Ok, Thanks. I really thought it was a basic result one woudl want to see !
Message 7 of 9
Rafal.Gaweda

or in case of having release on such end you can do it this way:

rorationindscnode.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 8 of 9
Rafacascudo

Rafal, Using compatible nodes wouldn´t solve this problem?

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 9
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Rafacascudo

It should in this case. I have not checked it but one node should belong to one bar, the second to the other bar
In general it depends on number of bars connected in one node because compatibility generates only one = second node .
Additionally: compatibility dofs are defined in Global CS

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report