Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Redraw not Working

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
RoboExploiter
1070 Views, 12 Replies

Automatic Redraw not Working

Hi,

I've just upgraded to RSA 2012.

The automatic redraw isn't working. Is there a place to set this?

Also, when I turn section shapes on, the elements are drawn as transparent members instead of solid elements. Can this be changed?

When I turn the section shapes off, I now see 2 red lines to either side fo the centroid. This makes snapping to points more risky. Can i turn them off? i.e. only display the centroid?

When I zoom to show the entire structure, the 2 red lines make it appear as if the elements are selected. is there a way to change that colour?

The snap settings don't seem to be working. I've created nodes down the length of a beam. I need to create beams between these nodes. I turn off all the snaps except for nodes (see page 1). When I draw the bar from a node to another node, the program still wants to snap perpendicular (see pages 2&3). Resulting in 2 nodes very close by. (see pages 4&5).

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

RoboExploiter wrote:

The automatic redraw isn't working. Is there a place to set this?

Either - play here:

acc1.JPG 

Look at screen shot below - "Full Redrawing ...." 

Also, when I turn section shapes on, the elements are drawn as transparent members instead of solid elements. Can this be changed?

trans.JPG

When I turn the section shapes off, I now see 2 red lines to either side fo the centroid. This makes snapping to points more risky. Can i turn them off? i.e. only display the centroid?

When I zoom to show the entire structure, the 2 red lines make it appear as if the elements are selected. is there a way to change that colour?

As for me these lines are "ghost lines". Try to play with dislay acceleration.

The snap settings don't seem to be working. I've created nodes down the length of a beam. I need to create beams between these nodes. I turn off all the snaps except for nodes (see page 1). When I draw the bar from a node to another node, the program still wants to snap perpendicular (see pages 2&3). Resulting in 2 nodes very close by. (see pages 4&5).

Uploading of example appraciated.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 13

Hi Rafal, 

Thanks for your reply.  But you missed the problem that is making my  design most difficult:

Message 4 of 13

RoboExploiter wrote:

But you missed the problem that is making my  design most difficult:

No, I did not. I asked you to upload example.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 13
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Movie how to set Nodes only Snap

Rafal Gaweda
Message 6 of 13

Hi Rafal,

I can't install shockwave media player on my machine.  IT policy.  

Can you please give me a video that will play in windows media player?

.asf, .asx, .wax, .wm, .wma, .wmd, .wmv, .wvx, .wmp, and .wmx

Message 7 of 13

You do not need player to open swf files.

Unzip my movie. Drag and drop this swf file into web browser window.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 8 of 13

Hi Rafal,

I still can't access this video, don't know why, and i don't have the time to find out.  

I think the video is probably going to show me Tools>Snap Settings > make sure only nodes is selected.  Which I already know how to do.  But sometimes, when the correct snap settings are set, the model will fail to recognise a node, or will refuse to snap perpendicular, or refuse to snap to an intersection.

BTW Those annoying red lines (ghost lines) which were appearing were the case 1 deadload 😛

Thanks for your help.

Message 9 of 13

Check snap settings as shown below : - all greyed out fields should be off

Red lines - I guess graphical representation of selfweight

sw.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 10 of 13

Look I'm pretty certain that I'm getting this right. Sometimes it just won't snap where it ough to. See my other post:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/Create-node-at-intersection-of-bars-without-...

Message 11 of 13

Hi

Is there a way to display selected objects only

Message 12 of 13

Solution 1

editinneww.jpg

Solution 2

displyatt.jpg

Solution 3 - results presentation - after making selection , on any results presentation window use "Open a new window" checkbox.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 13 of 13

Thanx

Accept as Answer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report