Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying uniform axial compression to a floor slab

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Jesper.Jensen
462 Views, 1 Reply

Applying uniform axial compression to a floor slab

Hi,

In the attached file a uniform axial load is applied to the floor slab representing an external load. I would like to see the distribution of this axial compression through the slab, and use the reinforcement designer accounting for bending + compression/tension when calculating the required steel.

In order to let the external load be taken by the slab, I can only restrain the external supports in the z-direction. In order for the model not to be un-stable I have to apply some xy-restraint (say at the centre) - see the attached sketch.

When I run the model, the distribution of axial compression does not look right. Can you please give some pointers how to either correct this or model if differently? I've uploaded the model below.

http://wtrns.fr/gvpR9nn127IVmo

Thanks in adcance,

Jesper

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

What kind of forces distribution would be right? Looking at the deformation I think the behavior of the slab is as expected. Perhaps for your goal it would be better to apply temperature load (uniform cooling) instead?

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report