Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analysis of structure during explosion

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
OscarGaunt
912 Views, 3 Replies

Analysis of structure during explosion

Hi

I am currently trying to model a concrete panel that experience an exposion load. I want to be able to analyse the sturcture's behaviour under the peak pressure generated by the explosion over time. 

As far as I understand this is done as a Time History Analysis. Is there any information on how to do this correctly? I am sruggling to set it up.

Thanks for your time

Oscar G

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: OscarGaunt
Message 3 of 4
OscarGaunt
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Thank you for the quick response!

Sorry but this is for a vehichle collisoin (despite the title of the thread) with different length of times of collision. 

I want to model an explosion with a set length of time, i.e. an explosion that lasts from 0sec to 0.021sec not a explosion thats last for 0.001s then 0.05s then 1sec etc as done with the collisions in the example linked previously.

I have already calculated seperately the pressure as a function of time during the explosion and basically wish to apply this to my concrete panel.

Thanks again for your time

Oscar 

Message 4 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: OscarGaunt

I am afraid you have not read whole mentioned thread.

Read it and calculate required data by your own basing on examples and Pawel's explanations.

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report