Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding beam restraints/internal bracings

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
enda.farrell1
1333 Views, 3 Replies

Adding beam restraints/internal bracings

Hi,

I am designing a steel portal frame structure and adding beam restraints/internal bracings using the ‘define manual coordinates’ method. My query is....

1. Is there a way to view the restraint/bracing points on the overall structure? (not using the bracing detection preview) as this only shows individual members.

2. Is there a simpler way to input beam restraint/bracing points as the current method is complicated when there are many restraint patterns for different members. Is there an add-in or different method which makes things easier to add beam restraints/bracings. (The loading and load combinations add-in is brilliant! ) 

Thanks

Enda

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

1, 2 - No

2. Can you describe \ suggest how this could be more easy? Table form or ...?

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 4

Hi Rafal,

I have attached a pdf screenshot from another program which is the easiest I have come across to input beam restraints. It also shows an overall structure view of the restraints so it is easy to see if there is a restraint out of place. I find it can be easy to get member restraints backwards or upside down without this view. Just a tick box in display to show restraints would be fine.

Setting restraint points is quicker because its done from one dialog box for all restraints. Is this something which could be set up in excel and linked to Robot by creating a new Member Type? 

Thanks

Enda

Message 4 of 4

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report