Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add material to arc.

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
arne.bf
732 Views, 6 Replies

Add material to arc.

Hello

I have some problems to add timber to my arc. I have made an arch-line and I have managed to attach several short beams to shape an arch to this line. But this arch is 80 meters long and 15 meters high, and I only want my arch to be parted in three segments. This will give the three beams an curvature, but i don't know how to add the beam to my arch-line.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: arne.bf

Please c heck: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/Modeling-a-Curved-Roof/td-p/3782066

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 7
arne.bf
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

I have gone through the link, but I still can't get my wood beams curved. They will only place themselves as straight beams. I need them to be long and curved. Can you tell me how... Please     

Message 4 of 7
tony.ridley

If you want to do it with bars then they CAN ONLY be made from straight segments.  If you want a true curved member, you need to model the arch as a shell element (not a cladding).  You achieve this by defining an arc then extruding it to the required length. 

Tony

Message 5 of 7
arne.bf
in reply to: tony.ridley

Can you tell me more exactly how, I'm pretty new to this program.

Message 6 of 7
tony.ridley

Hi,

like this,

Then change the cladding into a panel of desired thickness, then mesh.

Tony

Message 7 of 7
arne.bf
in reply to: tony.ridley

Thank you. This was very helpful, no I can proceed on my project. Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report