Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acceleration of building due to wind load

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ashourw
1416 Views, 4 Replies

Acceleration of building due to wind load

Hey there,

I have two questions which are related regarding above subject:

1) Does robot give acceleration of building due wind loa?

2) if yes does it requie nonlinear analysis?

Thank you all in advanc.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: ashourw

The non linear analysis is not required but you need to define how load (wind) changes in time either using time history analysis or harmonic analysis (limited to one type of load change function). For the prior you can get acceleration in nodes directly whereas for the later it is necessary to calculate this value based on obtained displacements.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 5
ashourw

Thanks for your quick responsed but to make the picture more clear,

- If i want to define function to get the accel. "harmoinc function", does it required that the wind to be genarated from ROBOT or it can be done while i express the wind as a static uniform load on cladding ?

Best regards,

Message 4 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski

The function is 'applied' to a load case (all loads defined within a load case regardless of their 'origin').

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 5

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report