Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARSA 2013 graphical performance

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Jummybear
483 Views, 7 Replies

ARSA 2013 graphical performance

Hi dudes,

I have installed ARSA 2013 on my machine, but it works slower, than 2011 for example. Calculation speed seems to be ok, but drawing/redrawing, moving mouse on screen and other actions during design process are slower. I tried different options in tools-preferences-view parameters but it doesnt help. It was set to use open GL graphic window, Display acceleration 1/3 and to use solid modeller. I switched of second one (solid modeller) becouse same problem was with 2011 and that helps, but not now. Any ideas how to fix it?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

There has been no changes in this area done between these versions. You can try to find if there is any new driver for your graphic card available and try to increase hardware acceleration.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 8

Its quite good answer, but i can say the same: there has been no changes in my PC hardware before or after installation ARSA 2013. I will try to find new drivers for my video card, but i am not sure if that helps. Should I incrase hardware acceleration in Robot or in some settings of my video card?

Message 4 of 8

Try the one in Robot.

What was the test you used to compare the graphic viewer performance for both versions and what was the difference?

Is there a chance that you have undo option switched off in the older version and on in 2013?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 8

In Robot it doesnt help and with drivers it will take some time, because i need to discuss it with with our IT team, i cant change any system files by myself at work machine.

Test was very simple, honestly it wasnt any special test, I just started to use ARSA 2013 one day. Modelled 2 simple rectagnle concrete slabs 10x8m with mesh 0,2m, get about 4600+ nodes for both plates what is nothing special for my machine, defined loads and started calculation. Everything was ok untill i started to watch results. Now if try to select slab or just click on free space and drag mouse from one place to another the selection blue box appears with timelag, halfsecond aprrox. Then i saved the project, opened it in ARSA 2011 tryed the same things and everything was ok. Probably i can record some video for you to show the problem issue, but i dont know how to do it (i suppose i need some special software for the recording?)

About undo option which can be switched off i hear for the first time (and for sure i was used undo option in ARSA2011), but where or how can i check it?

Message 6 of 8

Active undo option is switched on on both 2011 and 2013 versions, just checked that out.

Message 7 of 8

. Then i saved the project, opened it in ARSA 2011 tryed the same things and everything was ok.

Opening of Robot 2013 files in Robot 2011 is not supported and to be honest I'm not sure if the model was actually correctly opened in 2011. If you want to make the test create a model in 20111 check the graphic speed and then open it in 2013 and do the same.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 8 of 8

I agree with that model can be open not correctly, but from the begining i have created model in 2013 and worked with it in ARSA 2013. And it works slowly in 2013. I think that we can pause or discussion in this topic for a moment becouse standart manupulations (with acceleration, Open GL and undo command) i have tried and it doesnt help. My last hope is drivers. Then i came back here and will mark your post as a solution or we will continue 🙂

I dont think that its time to upgrade my hardware especially that ARSA 2011 on it works great.

PS my workstation is:

Intel core i7 CPU 870@2.93Ghz (4 cores)

12GB RAM

ATI FirePro V3800 (FireGL) 512MB DDR3

Win 7 SP1 64bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report