Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API problems

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
rushthedj
1458 Views, 4 Replies

API problems

Hi guys,

I'm having trouble getting Excel VBA to communicate with Robot 2014.

It started with a run-time error 429 'ActiveX component can’t create object’ on calling the RobotApplication function: ".Kernel.Structure.Results.Query(result_params, row_set)"

Looking at the forums this suggested component registration problems. I have Robot 2010, 2012 and 2014 installed on my machine so have had problems with the incorrect version being registered before.

I tried everything I could find on the forums including the following commands in a batch file run as admin:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis 2010\SYSTEM\EXE\Robot.exe" /unregserver
       "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis Professional 2012\System\Exe\Robot.exe" /unregserver

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis Professional 2014\System\Exe\Robot.exe" /regserver

I also tried registering the R2014 RCOM.DLL file again as this worked for me in the past:

"c:\windows\system32\regsvr32" "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis Professional 2014\System\Exe\rcom.dll"

And then eventually I tried unregistering the R2010 and R2012 DLLs before re-registering the R2014 DLL:

"c:\windows\system32\regsvr32" /u "C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis 2010\SYSTEM\EXE\rcom.dll"
       "c:\windows\system32\regsvr32" /u "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis Professional 2012\System\Exe\rcom.dll"

"c:\windows\system32\regsvr32" "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis Professional 2014\System\Exe\rcom.dll"

And then I tried doing all of the above in various different orders with no success.

Now the link between Excel VBA and Robot is nearly completely broken. After successfully creating a new RobotApplication object I get the run time error 430 'Class does not support Automation or does not support expected interface' when I try to check the .Visible property.

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks, Rory

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Romanich
in reply to: rushthedj

Do you use Win 8.1 x64 and Office 2013?

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Roman Zhelezniak

Robot Evangelist & Passionate Civil Structural Engineer

LinkedIn | Robot & Хобот | App Store for Robot
EESignature

Message 3 of 5
rushthedj
in reply to: Romanich

Windows 7 and Office 2010.

Message 4 of 5
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: rushthedj

Solution:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Robot-Structural-Analysis/API-error/m-p/3519462#M5816

MOST IMPORTANT : rcom.dll should be downloaded from this post on forum

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 5
rushthedj
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Believe the issue was that I needed the 32-bit RCOM.DLL to match my 32-bit version of Excel, but the 64-bit Robot 2014 is installed with the 64-bit RCOM.DLL.

Thanks Rafal!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums