Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12
JCBH
2495 Views, 11 Replies

API error

Hi

I have a program written in VB .Net for extracting forces from robot using what I understand is the preferred method based around:

result_params = Robot.CmpntFactory.Create(IRobotComponentType.I_CT_RESULT_QUERY_PARAMS)

The program works fine with Robot 2010 (though it is very slow on large models - an issue for another time). However, I'm having difficulty getting it to work with Robot 2012.  I have both versions installed on the same machine.

The program opens the model in ARSA 2012 OK, but when it gets to this line:

row_set = New RobotResultRowSet

I get the following error:

"Error 429: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID...."

Note that I've been through the process of unregistering both ARSA2010 abd  ARSA2012, and then registering ARSA2012 in order to make ARSA2012 Object model available as a COM reference.

Any ideas why this error might be happening?  Are there changes to the API between versions which might be causing the issue?  I couldn't see anything in the documentation that suggested the procedure would no longer work.

Any help / suggestions will be gratefully received!

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: JCBH
Message 3 of 12
Rafal.Gaweda
Message 4 of 12
JCBH
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Thanks for the replies, I had read through both of those threads previously and tried what was suggested - including unregistering all versions of Robot and registering only 2012 (using a .BAT, run as administrator).  I've tried this several times and on a few machines and I get the same error when I try to run the results extraction program with ARSA2012.

The full text of the error I'm getting is:

Error: 429 - Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {F335E413-5241-418C-9421-A4D1B545F923} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))

I've done a search in the registry for the CLSID and it relates to Robot.ResultRowSet (which makes sense as it's a call to this that raises the error).  The registry indicates this is part of C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis Professional 2012\System\Exe\RCOM.dll.

Anyway, it does certainly look like the error is due to a problem with COM registration, but the fix noted above doesn't seem to work in this case.  Any other ideas?

Message 5 of 12
Rafal.Gaweda

What is your Robot 2010? 32 or 64 bit?

What is your Robot 2012? 32 or 64 bit?

What is your MS Office or the program you use for API? 32 or 64 bit?

Rafal Gaweda
Message 6 of 12
Rafal.Gaweda

Copy attached file (this is 2012 version file) to 

"c:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis Professional 2012\" 

Start Command Prompt as Admin (from rigth hand mouse menu) then register this dll as shown below:

rcom.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 7 of 12
JCBH

ARSA2010 is 32 Bit

ARSA2012 is 64 Bit

Excel is 32 Bit

But - the main routines are written in Visual Basic .Net.  I'm compiling the code into a DLL with Visual Basic Express 2010, then registering it for COM.  I then reference it in the excel spreadsheet (VBA) and drive the program from a macro in there, based on input parameters defined in the spreadsheet.  I have not explicitly defined the target platform for the compilation of the DLL.

Anyway, I've followed your steps related to the new RCOM.DLL - this registers OK and once this is done, the error 429 no longer occurs and I am able to extract results – Thanks.

Message 8 of 12

Hi

I have exactly the same problem as above,  but with RSA2013. Your fix doesn't work for this version, so , do You have any idea how to solve this problem in the other way ?

Message 9 of 12

Message 10 of 12
JCBH

Hi Rafal,

I am now getting this same problem with Robot 2013. Would you be able to provide me with the equivalent RCOM.dll file for R2013 / 64bit?
Message 11 of 12
Rafal.Gaweda

Message 12 of 12
rhlkochar

Hi @Rafal.Gaweda, Same problem. It is a c# application, RSA 2015. I had posted on another question as well. Just came across this thread, so I thought I will put it here as well

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report