Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(API) Addin for intersection panels with each other

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
igos
4272 Views, 5 Replies

(API) Addin for intersection panels with each other

Hello everybody!

One of the best advantage of Robot Structural Analisys is ability to create a perfect mesh. But, unfortunatelyб Robot has not option to create coherent mesh for panels which has now any common segments (edges) but intersect each other. In this case you have to create additional geometry objects (for example lines) which located on either panels and help Robot to create coherent mesh. 

To ROBOTIZE Smiley Happy this wearisome work I've tried to create the AddIn which create intersection lines of panels in Auto Mode.

To use this AddIn you need to select objects (usually panels) and press button "Intersect...". Another part of work will be executed by Robot in cooperation with AddIn. 

Screenshots below represents the results of AddIn using.

Please notice that you have to unzip whole folder before using this AddIn

As always: feel free to download and use, comments and modifications!

Example_01.png

https://ru.linkedin.com/in/igor-saltykov-8a68b726
Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: igos

Great Tool!

Added to our list.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 6
igos
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Rafal, 

I think that RSA team can release Express Pack soon (like AutoCAD Express) based on AddIn and macros from list Smiley Happy

https://ru.linkedin.com/in/igor-saltykov-8a68b726
Message 4 of 6
dingMP

How about making opening in the panel. ? That is, how to trim single panel ( cut out only portion surrounded ( between) (with) other panels ( window/shaft) ) ?

in Your example.

But without sending to Revit. How can panels be trimmed ( out ) ( like beams ). Somehow I can not find that answer.

I have tried " trimming intersecting panels " but I only get this "lining" that enables easy regular meshing.

That is I have slab supported by wall designed in 3D and I tried to trimm out excessive suporting wall.

Tried trimming, with/without  intersecting line beeing made and had no result.

Any way to do it in Robot 2015? 

here, a simple example pix.

Message 5 of 6
dingMP

How about making opening in the panel. ? That is, how to trim single panel ( cut out only portion surrounded ( between) (with) other panels ( window/shaft) ) ?

in Your example.

But without sending to Revit. How can panels be trimmed ( out ) ( like beams ). Somehow I can not find that answer.

I have tried " trimming intersecting panels " but I only get this "lining" that enables easy regular meshing.

That is I have slab supported by wall designed in 3D and I tried to trimm out excessive suporting wall.

Tried trimming, with/without  intersecting line beeing made and had no result.

Any way to do it in Robot 2015? 

trimming panel and slab see through.jpg

here, a simple example pix.

Message 6 of 6
Mohammed_Ata

Dear, all

I am trying to use and no result ! Trying more and more and no way ! Is there a problem ? 

Please, see this pic! 

1.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report