Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADDING NODAL MASS FOR SEISMIC DESIGN

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
TSOFA
1274 Views, 5 Replies

ADDING NODAL MASS FOR SEISMIC DESIGN

Hi, again Smiley Happy

I have to design the foundation  that will support a container on a concrete table. In order to model the loads on the container (which I don't have to desing) like wind snow and seismic forces, I am going to apply the resultants on a node at the center of gravity of the container. Then I will connect this node with rigid liks to the points of the anchoring plates of the container and by this way I want to transfer the loads of the container to the concrete table that I have to design. I am not sure how I will model the weight of the container at the C.G. in order to be 'activated' from the seismic loading. I assume that the most easy way is to act a nodal force (kN) equal to the weight of the container, but I was wondering how I can use the 'nodal mass' forces.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: TSOFA

In the same way Smiley Happy

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 6
TSOFA

Sorry but I didn't get you... I tried to add a mass on a node (for example for LC1) and then to run the seismic loads for this LC (by adding this LC to load to mass conversion table) but the reactions of the seismic loading were not right. Like he could not see the added mass. Can you send me the steps that you are taking?

Message 4 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski

nodal mass 2.PNG

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 6

Dear

I've been adding Nodal Mass for some Node, and then Load to Mass conversion. As below

1.png2.png3.png

However, the result of seismic load is nothings change between before adding Nodal mass and after adding Nodal Mass

Anyone can help me

Message 6 of 6

You need to either define added masses in the static seismic case(s) or define loads and convert them into masses. You cannot convert added masses into masses Smiley Wink

added masses.png

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report