Revit Structure

Active Contributor
lopaya
Message 1 of 4 (126 Views)

working with MicrisSation

126 Views, 3 Replies
07-09-2012 11:03 AM

Does anyone know how to impoert/link a 3d model which was created by Microstation into Revit ?

Thanlks.

Distinguished Contributor
lzaras1
Message 2 of 4 (122 Views)

Re: working with MicrisSation

07-09-2012 12:07 PM in reply to: lopaya

I haven't had to do it yet, so I'm just kind of going off of what looks available within my installed Revit package...

I'm thinking you need to have the file exported out of Microstation as an .ifc file.  Then you can open the .ifc file in Revit (Revit Start button> Open> Ifc file) and save as a Revit file.

Leanne Zaras, CDT, LEED AP
AutoCAD 2010 Certified Professional
Revit Architecture 2012 Certified Professional

Active Contributor
lopaya
Message 3 of 4 (113 Views)

07-09-2012 03:31 PM in reply to: lopaya

testing 001.jpgHi, Leanne,

Thank you for the response.

This is what MicroStation can export, But could not find *.IFC format.

Do you think I need to install some special software?

Paya

mmates
Message 4 of 4 (100 Views)

07-10-2012 05:17 AM in reply to: lopaya

IFC export isn't available from MicroStation.  However, it is available from one of the Bentley BIM applications such as Bentley Architecture, Structural Modeler, Bentley Building Mechanical Systems, or Bentley Building Electrical Systems.  If you just need to view the model in Revit, you can do a Save As in MicroStation to AutoCAD DWG format, and then import/link the DWG into Revit.  You won't have any intelligence, but then again there shouldn't be any if the model was created with MicroStation alone and not one of the Bentley BIM products.

HTH,

Mark Mates
BIM Manager - Mason & Hanger

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube