Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

working with MicrisSation

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
298 Views, 3 Replies

working with MicrisSation

Does anyone know how to impoert/link a 3d model which was created by Microstation into Revit ?

Thanlks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I haven't had to do it yet, so I'm just kind of going off of what looks available within my installed Revit package...

I'm thinking you need to have the file exported out of Microstation as an .ifc file.  Then you can open the .ifc file in Revit (Revit Start button> Open> Ifc file) and save as a Revit file.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

testing 001.jpgHi, Leanne,

Thank you for the response.

This is what MicroStation can export, But could not find *.IFC format.

Do you think I need to install some special software?

Paya

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

IFC export isn't available from MicroStation.  However, it is available from one of the Bentley BIM applications such as Bentley Architecture, Structural Modeler, Bentley Building Mechanical Systems, or Bentley Building Electrical Systems.  If you just need to view the model in Revit, you can do a Save As in MicroStation to AutoCAD DWG format, and then import/link the DWG into Revit.  You won't have any intelligence, but then again there shouldn't be any if the model was created with MicroStation alone and not one of the Bentley BIM products.

HTH,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report