Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

water tank wall

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
yuksy
3137 Views, 7 Replies

water tank wall

how to draw the water tank wall with chamfer at the inside of the corner of the wall by revit 2013.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
CoreyDaun
in reply to: yuksy

In the Family Editor, there are a few ways to accomplish that, depending on the overall shape. The simplest method for cylindrical objects is to create a Revolve. Navigate to the Front View and invoke the Revolve command. Create the profile as desired (see image) including any fillets/chamfers. Then draw the Axis of Rotation Line and hit Finish.

Revolve.JPG

If this does not suffice or answer your question, please elaborate and perhaps provide images that illustrate your intentions.

⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗
Welcome to the Autodesk forums, yuksy!
Feel free to post any questions you may have! There are many experienced users here who generously contribute their time and effort to supporting
their peers. This is an open, peer-supported forum, so feel free to contribute any useful information or experiences to any of the topics you see here.
We hope you'll stick around a while and help strengthen the value of this community!
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Be sure to review the Ground Rules, visit the FAQ Forum, and use the Search feature prior to posting a question, as it's likely been asked before.
⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 8
yuksy

how to draw the water tank wall as attached file shown ?

thanks !

Message 4 of 8
CoreyDaun

Start a new Family based on the Mechanical Equipment Template*. Using the Project Browser, navigate to the Elevation View: Front. Go to the Create tab on the Ribbon and select "Revolve". Draw half of the the section profile of the tank centered on the vertical Reference Line (see image). Then select "Axis Line" from the ribbon and draw a line anywhere along the vertical Reference Plane. Click "Finish". Just let me know if you need more info!

*If for some reason, this template is not available, use the Generic Model Template and you can switch the Category later.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 8
Joe.Charpentier

I would make this as an in-place family (Structure Tab>Component> Model In-Place)

Assign it to the walls category in the dialog that pops up.

Create a new extrusion.  Sketch out the walls' inner and outer loops.  

Set the extrusion height.

Set the material for the extruded walls.

Finish the in-place family.

You could also use regular walls for the rectangle, and make in-place or face-based loadable families for the chamfers, and use join geometry to get it to look like you want.

If you are quantifying all walls as a single pour, though, the in-place family may be the way to go, especially if you are not reusing the geometry.

Joe

Message 6 of 8
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Joe.Charpentier

Is that last image posted a top view? I thought it was a section!  I think I may have misinterpreted the intent on this one...

Message 7 of 8
bjur

If you want to use the analytical wall model to send to an analysis program, it might be best to use regular revit walls then cut out the part you don't want with in-place voids.  Attached is a sample file where I did just that.  Took all of 4 minutes.

Message 8 of 8
yuksy

i open "metric generic model floor based.rft" to creat a familly like wt1.jpg and wt2.jpg ,when i change the value of "B" ,the unexpected shape as shown in wt3.jpg .what's wrong?

thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report