Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scale issue in sheets

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
AJA14
708 Views, 4 Replies

scale issue in sheets

Hi. I have a master plan thats very large so I created several duplicates as dependants so that I can place them in different sheets and show them better. The problem is, I want the master plan to have a scale different from the dependents. They both are placed in different sheets. How can I do that. If I duplicate without being a dependent then my changes in one will not affect the other and I will have to do the work twice for every duplicate.

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
lzaras1
in reply to: AJA14

We do this all the time.

Whatever you MODEL will be modeled in ALL scale plans.  The difference is your View Settings and your annotation. 

We, typically, do not duplicate annotation between 1"=20' Overall Plans and our 1/8" scale Partial Plans.  We use our Overall Plans more for general information, overall dimensions, etc., while our 1/8" scale dependent plans are used to really document the project.

Leanne Zaras, CDT, LEED AP
AutoCAD 2010 Certified Professional
Revit Architecture 2012 Certified Professional

Message 3 of 5
AJA14
in reply to: lzaras1

Hi. Thanks for answering. I think you misunderstood my question. Suppose I have plan A which is very large and needs to be scale 1/300. Then I need to seperate into 3 or 4 plans scale 1/100 to become readable. If i duplicated the plan without being a dependent then I would have to do any changes in plan A in all of its parts. So I duplicated the parts as dependents. Now whenever I change the scale of any part, the main plan A's scale will change as well. I understood from your response that u do this all the time. I was just wondering if I could do it and still have my parts as dependant duplicates of the master plan A. thanks in advance.

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 4 of 5
lzaras1

you asked, "... I was just wondering if I could do it and still have my parts as dependant duplicates of the master plan A...."

No.  In essence, you'll have TWO "overall" plans.  One for each scale.  Your 1/300 will be your Overall plan.  Your 1/100 will be the overall plan for your dependant/ partial plans.

Leanne Zaras, CDT, LEED AP
AutoCAD 2010 Certified Professional
Revit Architecture 2012 Certified Professional

Message 5 of 5
redsox

do your seperate plans as callouts, this way you can change the scale of each accordingly without affecting the other, plus when you make a change to the master plan it will also change in the callouts. hope this helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report