Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rooms functionality in RS 2014

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
autoMick
342 Views, 4 Replies

rooms functionality in RS 2014

Hi, I have the infrastructure design suite as my main software is Civil3D, however recently I've been developing some architectural plans using Revit Structure which comes as part of that suite. I have been able to do virtually everything that could be achieved in Revit Architecture, except...

I want to simply outline some rooms and tag them with different information, or ideally colour shade different rooms and provide a legend. I gather this is very easy to achieve in RA as the tools are available in the Room & Area tool panel, but some of the room functions do not appear in RS.

How can I delineate rooms of an architectural plan and provide a legend as shown in the attached?

Thanks

- Mick

Civil3d user in Australia since 2012.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Joe.Charpentier
in reply to: autoMick

Rooms cannot be created in Revit Structure.

That functionality is available only in Revit Architecture or the "all-in-one" version of Revit that is available when you purchase a building design suite.

In a similar way, some structural tools (such as rebar or structural loads) are not available in Revit Architecture or Revit MEP.

As a workaround, you could probably accomplish the same effect with filled regions.

Joe

Message 3 of 5
autoMick
in reply to: Joe.Charpentier

Thanks Joe,

OK I can recreate filled regions - is there a way to create a legend for regions in this way? or would that have to be drawn manually? I'm not quite sure what the workflow would be unless doing it all manually.

I notice RS does not have a "Color Scheme" property either, is this correct?

Regards

- Mick

Message 4 of 5
Joe.Charpentier
in reply to: autoMick

No, there is no Color Scheme, so you'd have to fake the legend as well as the area plan.

Joe

Message 5 of 5
autoMick
in reply to: Joe.Charpentier

OK thanks Joe

- Mick

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report