Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

revit mask region not masking

28 REPLIES 28
Message 1 of 29
bcampbell11
27376 Views, 28 Replies

revit mask region not masking

None of our mask regions "mask" anything since we upgraded to Revit 2013.  They worked fine in 2012, but dont "mask" immediately after saved in 2013.  It may be a setting we have changed, not sure. They do print correctly, but would like them to show correctly in our views.   Anybody have any ideas?  Thanks!

By the way, everything is already set to hidden line.

28 REPLIES 28
Message 21 of 29
russb_cpl
in reply to: DavidKeller2529

come on Lance & Autodesk... We pointed this bug out three months ago. (case no. 07358572)

The structural Revit community needs a hotfix for this ASAP!!!

Tags (1)
Message 22 of 29
5kings
in reply to: Lance.Coffey

Checking the checkbox does affect the issue. The masking regions & Opaque Filles Region are masking again. Though this not the solution for me right know.

Regards,

Jordi

Message 23 of 29
5kings

Ok, an update!

Revit structure 2013 with update 1 installed.--> Masking regions and Filled regions act like they should act.

Revit 2013 from the building design premium suite....with update 1..... they do'nt work.....

I use revit structure form the building design suite premium...... so.... i really need a hotfix on this one.

Regards, Jordi

Message 24 of 29
5kings

Ok, an update again,

Revit 2013 from the building design premium suite....with update 2.....Masking regions don't work on structural views when there's a linked model in your project.

Please, we really really need a fix on this.

Regards, Jordi

Message 25 of 29
5kings
in reply to: 5kings

I did a complete reinstall with servicepacks, and without any addins..... problem solved.Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 29
adam.jw
in reply to: 5kings

Are you sure? I just did a fresh install. And then a fresh update to product release 2.

I admit I'm running some extensions and add-ins. But this is a brand new Windows 7 64bit installation as well.

Here's a video I made in-case anyeone's confused:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMwVJ9Irn0c

in reply to: adam.jw

Update: Just spent the time to completely remove the add-ins and extensions, then reinstalled Revit 2013, then upgraded to product release 2.

I was STILL UNABLE to get nested filled regions (and masking regions) to work.

in reply to: w121amg

I came to this thread seeking help, only to discover I was IN WIREFRAME...

This is no joke. 5 years experience, and yet just... wow... *head-desk*

@w121amg wrote:

Make sure your view is set to Hidden View, not wireframe.

Message 29 of 29
EJK-EDA
in reply to: jmccullough

Google led me to this topic as I was having similar issues with masking regions not working correctly and I stumbled upon a solution so I thought I'd post what worked for me.

In mechanical views, the masking regions worked as they should but in electrical views they didn't mask anything. 

This blog had the solution that worked for me:

https://aectechtalk.wordpress.com/2016/04/27/masking-regions-in-revit-projects/

"The solution to allow the masking region to work was to go to the Manage tab , then MEP Settings -> Electrical Settings.  Uncheck the checkmark for “Draw MEP Hidden Lines” and the masking region worked correctly."

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report