Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printing problem in Revit Structure 2013

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Akunkinga
888 Views, 6 Replies

printing problem in Revit Structure 2013

Help
I seem to have a problem getting my print sheet laid out correctly.
I wish to prevent some of the information shown on the plans or elevations from printing. I created a duplicate view then put a crop box around the area I wish to show. It look ok until I drag the view on to the sheet then there is a larger area displayed which now shows all the information I do not want to print.
See attached
Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Joe.Charpentier
in reply to: Akunkinga

The Crop is visible, but it is not enabled.

If you are in the view, click on the "Crop View" button in the view control bar (the bottom-right of the view window, it's the blue and red bars with a red "X" on it in your attached image.)

The button next to it (the red and blue bars with the light bulb) turns the visibility of the crop region on and off- but this just shows the rectangle.  You can hide the crop region and still crop the view.

These same parameters are in the view’s properties, available in the Properties Palette when the view is active and no elements are selected.

Joe

Message 3 of 7
Akunkinga

HI

Thanks for the help, but I a m still not getting the print I want, I have attached another PDF to try and explain better.

I only wnat to print hte information INSIDE the crop view but it keeps showing the levels that are OUTSIDE the crop view .

I think the outer box (viewport) is too big but dont know how to change it.

Thanks

Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 7

Looks like Joe was right -- Crop View is disabled in your PDF. Look for this icon:

CropViewEnabled.png

If it has a red X (as your PDF does) then your view will NOT be cropped. Make sure it looks like the one here, and everything outside your crop region will go away.

--
Kate Morrical
Digital Design Manager, Washington DC
BIMmuse.com
Message 5 of 7
CoreyDaun

It looks like some of those lines are Reference Planes. You can ensure that those will not print by going to the Print dialog, and then clicking the "Print Setup..." button. In the following dialog, under Options at the bottom, enable "Hide ref/work planes".

You can also minimize some of the outlying elements by enabling "Annotation Crop" which can be found under the View's Properties.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 7

Thanks for the picture Kate- it's worth however many words I used to try to describe that control.

The crop region does not actually crop anything until the control looks like it does in Kate's picture.

If you see the red "X" on that control (as in the image you attached originally) it means it is *not* cropping the view.

Joe

Message 7 of 7
Akunkinga
in reply to: Joe.Charpentier

Thanks all for the help.

I think I have figured out what else was wrong, it seems the level lines were tailing off through the view, I mean I had dragged the levels I dont want to print outside the crop area, or so I thought................ on closer inspection there was a wee circle at the left end of the level line at the left outside the crop box but there was also a wee circle on the right which only showed when I clicked on the part that is visible, so the level line actually continued to the other side of the crop box..................took me forever to drag that outside the crop area.

I think I am to used to Autocad, some things in Revit are just not easy to figure out

Smiley Very Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report