Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

live detail cuts

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
gguevarra
837 Views, 2 Replies

live detail cuts

Out of curiousity, are people using live cuts when creating details? I know some places that will cut the live detail and use them as a background to place 2-D components over the top. The actual 3-D modeled elements then get hidden in the final product. At that point though, was there any real benefit to cutting the live detail? Did you save time by doing it that way? Just looking for a way to leverage Revit to make it beneficial and efficient. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

My recommendation is to cut live details of things that don't require placing detail lines and components over the model.  Only cut live views of things that will update on their own as the model changes.  For us, this is typically building elevation and full wall sections.  We make all of our details using drafting views.

Message 3 of 3
gguevarra
in reply to: gguevarra

Thanks for the response back. We currently do about 95% of our detail cuts with drafting views. When cutting the live cuts it just seems like there is inevitably a lot of clean-up that has to go on, especially when dealing with sloped or skewed elements. After cleaning that stuff up and placing the necessary 2-D components, it almost feels like "what was the point?" Or, "did I save myself any time or effort?"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report