Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

irregular shaped plan callout referencing drafting view

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
gguevarra
663 Views, 4 Replies

irregular shaped plan callout referencing drafting view

Has anyone else run into a problem in Revit Structure 2014 with regards to irregular shaped callouts that reference other drafting views? When you enter the Callout tool, you can select the Sketch option. Over to the left of the Ribbon, Revit allows you to reference other drafting views as it typically would for Sections and Callouts. But after I create and complete the sketch, the callout does not appear on my plan. Any thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: gguevarra

This sounds like it may be a matter of the Callout Annotation Category being turned off under Visibility/Graphics Overrides or perhaps it's being placed on a Workset that's turned off.

If not, are you not having the issue with the Rectangular Callout as well?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
gguevarra

No, rectangular callouts come in just fine. Rectangular callouts that reference other drafting views come in just fine as well. Nothing odd about my visibility graphics either... any other possibilities?

Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun

Not sure - I'm using the full version or Revit 2014 and I'm unable to reproduce this issue. Have you tried activating "Reveal Hidden Elements"? Also, can you reproduce this behavior in a new Project? If so, can you create a tiny sample and attach it here?

Edit: If I do not check "Reference Other View", the Callout immediately vanishes. This seems to only be the base with the Sketched Callout View.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
gguevarra
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Hmm...weird. I have no idea what I'm doing differently but I cannot recreate the problem now. I guess I'll chalk it up to User error somehow. Thanks for trying to help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report