Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export structural wall to ifc without finishes

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
691 Views, 3 Replies

export structural wall to ifc without finishes

please help, I've been looking for a solution on this since last week.

I have an architectural model, I need to extract the structural elements to create my structural model. After classifying all the structural elements in the architectural model I will export it to IFC and then open in a separate software. My problem is that I need to export a structural wall but finishes should not be included, all I want to export is its core. any solution/suggestion?

Thank you very much..

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
lashmail
in reply to: Anonymous

Great question, would be brilliant if someone might be able to offer up how they have dealt with this - even if it means creating parts then deleting finishes.

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 4
helsinki_dave

Seconded..

Message 4 of 4
helsinki_dave

I had a go at creating a view filter to show only structural concrete parts of a composite wall, then export view only in IFC but noticed that the whole wall was still exported.

However, when I opened the IFC in Tekla BIMsight (IFC file being created using the opensource Revit 2013 IFC exporter), all parts did come through with attributes in place. That means that you can then isolate those elements by material in your modelling software very quickly (eg Model organizer in Tekla Structures).

Capture.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report