Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

central file and local file revision updated how

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
dasaithambi
427 Views, 1 Reply

central file and local file revision updated how

Revisons Updated how old and new in central file and local file

Hi,

I explain detail process ,

Please guide this questions

1. First I Create one central file and also for multi user create local files (5 user)

2. This project around 3 floors and 10 sheet is complete (Architectural & Structural & Mep services also)

3.full model is complete for

now

4.client as changed first floor door and windows locations and over all building dimensions is changed

So this changes ( Architecture & Structure & Mep ) all user is updated in same local file and synchornized with same central file

5.So changes is 4 sheet in (Revision B), and Model also

6.now client is another changes ( Revision B ) is open terrace full portion ( swimming pool and garden area) and Remove for office room on full portion

so my team is revised in same local file and synchornized with same central file (update Revision B) IN 3 Sheet

7.And now client is another changes in Front Elevation ( Revision C )

so my team is revised in same local file and synchornized with same central file ( update Revision C ) IN 2 Sheet

8.Now Finaly Client meeting discussed client is said Revision A (Over all Dimension ok) but door and windows previous location is asking

the Revision B (swimming full is ok) but garden area i removed and keep it in office room also

and Revisions C ( Front Elevation First sheet is ok ) but second sheet previous First designs asking

But Revisions and models all chanages PDF Only is there ,

Conditions :

How to  that type of Get it revision sheet and model also in central file and local file

I don't create once again that model of central file and number of local file

I have same file and also i send this updated drawing in client discussion meeting

how????????????????????????????????????

how to manage in Revit Software

this possible in revit

Regards

A.DHANASEKAR

Tebodin Mukesh Consulting Enginners

India,Tamilnadu,chennai

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
maciejwypych
in reply to: dasaithambi

Hi,

I'm not sure if I understand it correctly. Are asking if it is possible to go back to a previous revision in a Revit file without creating copies of Central and Local files for every revision?
First of all, you don't need to save local files for every revision, just the central file - you can create new local files from it.

Generally you can't go back to a previous revision in Revit unless you have a backup of the file - which is a good practice to have one for every milestone anyway.

You can always use Options for elements in the project that are likely to change and delete the redundant one's when it is 100% confirmed (never :P)

If your client have confirmed something and you need to draw it again, he should pay for the extra work, but that's a discussion for a different forum 🙂

Hope this helps,

Maciej

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report