Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

beam lines are out of place in course detail level

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jim
Observer
832 Views, 5 Replies

beam lines are out of place in course detail level

When I looking at my plan and set my detail level to course my beam lines do not go fully between the columns and some of the beam lines are out of place.

In structural we want the joists & beams in plan to show as a single line. The medium & fine settings in plan have way to many lines to them to give us the look we want.

Is there someway around this so the beams are diplayed properly between the columns and in their proper location in the course setting?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
AJA14
in reply to: jim

Hi. On the structure tab, structure panel, click on the arrow at the bottom right corner which takes you to structural settings. You can also access this dialog from the manage tab, settings panel. In the structural setting, set the cutback distances to 0 and that should do the trick. Hope this helps.

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 3 of 6
jim
Observer
in reply to: AJA14

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately that did not work. Jim Brown Prakash Consulting Ltd.
Message 4 of 6
AJA14

Hi. First, just to make sure, you need to set the beam/truss symbolic cutback distance to 0. Then, there are 3 things you can manipulate in the instance properties of the beam itself: lateral justification, start level offset, end level offset. If this doesn't work out, maybe you can send an image of what you're trying to accomplish or even better a simple file and I will be glad to check.

Ali Al-Hammoud
Message 5 of 6
jim
Observer
in reply to: AJA14

I would like to send you the file but it is a little large, 28 meg. Right now, so I attached a pdf showing my dilemma. As you may see in the course detail level a few beams are out of place and the beams adjacent to grid 6 do not extend to the columns. The medium detail level shows them, but there are way too many lines that tend to blend together and make for big fat lines on the prints. Basically we want the lines to look like on the course detail level, but be in the right position and span from column to column. I remember our instructor when we took the course in back in 2010 saying that this may happen, but never came up with a solution. I tried your suggestions to no avail, so any insight on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Jim Brown Prakash Consulting Ltd.
Message 6 of 6
AJA14

Hi jim. There is no attachement so I couldn't take a look. Anyways, just send it again. Better yet, if you could just save your file, delete anything that is not related and leave only the area of question, purge unneeded elements (From the manage tab), and save again, you should be able to send the file. Regards. 

Ali Al-Hammoud

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report