Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

attach beam to underside of deck

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
janiceh
1012 Views, 1 Reply

attach beam to underside of deck

I am relatively new to the revit method of model creation. I have a model that I placed all the beams on before the deck. Now I have a 1 1/2" roof deck that slopes for drainage, but the steel beams and beam systems do not frame to the bottom side of the deck like they should.
Is there an easy way to snap beams and beam systems to the bottom side of a deck, without having to re-create all the beams and systems?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
KSI_Thor
in reply to: janiceh

You will run into the same issue if you have a concrete slab that is framed with concrete beams. It only works with trusses. You can't slope the beams with the slab or deck. If you know what the beam elevation is on each end you can manipulate the beam offset at each end. In my case, there were too many slope and beams were skewed at several angles so it was impossible to calculate the beam end elevation. I had to create a working plane at the top of slab along the slope and re-place all my framing. I have suggested that this be implemented in a future release because roof slopes change constantly and it's too time consuming to re-frame the plans each time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report