Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

area reinforcement boundary in revit structure 2013 visibility

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
AJA14
1494 Views, 8 Replies

area reinforcement boundary in revit structure 2013 visibility

Hi. The area and path reinforcement can't be turned off in revit structure 2013. There seems to be a bug and the overrides don't work. In addition, you can't even use the Linework tool to make them invisible. Any idea why this is happening.

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
yohnny45
in reply to: AJA14

I would also like to know the reason for this, and to be fixed ASAP!
Seems the system families have been corrupted between 2012 & 2013. The boundary is now linked to the Area Reinforcement rather than the - Area Reinforcement Boundary. This is clearly an error that Autodesk must fix.

Ps. Autodesk. Pick up your game!

Message 3 of 9
tgolden
in reply to: yohnny45

I'm also having the same problem. I can't hide the boundary box for Area Reinforcement. Would love it if Autodesk would fix the Visibility/Graphic bug also. If someone else has a work around that they are using. please let us know.

Message 4 of 9
yohnny45

I have found sort of work around (not really a fix).

I normally have my slab shaded in a light grey and found that if I select the suspect rebar boundary that 
I could override graphics in view (the paint brush under the light globe) I would make the colour of the boundary the same as what ever the slab is. This in essence makes the boundary invisible.

Hope it helps and AutoDesk release a patch.

Message 5 of 9
AJA14
in reply to: yohnny45

Hi. haven't been able to post. The solution is easy, just change the area reinforcement color to white in the object styles and the area boundary will disappear. Regards.

Ali Al-Hammoud
Message 6 of 9
tgolden

Thanks for the work around that you posted. It works very well. The only thing that I'm running in to now is that. If one place the boundary box over slab edges or beams they will not print out. I have tried changing the line type to dots or some other open type of line style. That didn't work. The only fix I have found was to have the boundary box offset a little so the other lines show up. I'm hope that you found a better way.

thanks again for your help.

Message 7 of 9
AJA14
in reply to: tgolden

Hi. If you use my workaround, (Changing color or area reinfocement to white), the edges of slabs should print normally since the white lines do not mask the boundaries of beams or slabs. Anyways, I will recheck this issue and post if I find anything with this regards. 

Ali Al-Hammoud
Message 8 of 9
Julian_Krab

Not sure about Revit 2013, but in Revit 2018 you can control visibility of boundary line in Visibility/Graphics Overrides if you expand "Structural Area Reinforcement" line by pressing on +.
You can also control Line style of the boundary line in Manage>> Object Styles >> and expand "Structural Area Reinforcement" line by pressing +.

StructuralAreaReinforcement_BoundaryLine.PNG

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Julian_Krab

Yes, but still you can´t make the line invisible. You always have to pick a line type.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report