Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

analytical beam to slanted columns.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dennis.hashimoto
666 Views, 2 Replies

analytical beam to slanted columns.

Having an issue with steel beam framing connecting to slanted columns analytical lines, they are not intersecting cleanly as the physical geometry is doing. is there a way for the analytical to clean this join and align appropriately?

noticed by adjusting the start y projection analytical alignment to centre of element will clean up slightly offset beam nodes, does not seem to function with the slanted column centre line.

Does adjusting the tolerances in the structural settings do anything? any guidance would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Its always wonky, you have to find the EXACT intersection of column and framing workplane, it wont accept anything else as joining to the column. it will also randomly not accept the point at various levels for multiple columns in line with each other. what i usually end up doing is placing column stubs as that intersection, giving it just enough height to pick up framing and be shown as cut in plan. a bit of a hassle to maintain, but less than not doing that.
Message 3 of 3

Appreciate the feedback conormccartney3897

seems to me there isn't much of an easy fix on this with snapping properties or cleanup joints/nodes.

Most people are giving me similar options.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report