Revit Structure

Message 1 of 2 (303 Views)

XML steel section database parameters

303 Views, 1 Replies
05-21-2012 12:13 PM

Hi,

because of insufficient number of suitable profiles i was forced to add my own rectangular and square steel profiles.

I added them to the DIN database. The database filename is DINPro.xml I have three questions:

1) I was able to calculate all parameters except for SHEAR_QY and SHEAR_QZ. Rectangular are labeled as RH and square as QH. How on earth are those two parameters calculated?

2) While polish section databases have the same TORS parameter as my calculations, DIN - german database, has slightly higher TORS. I wonder why is that.

3) How would be my work in Autocad, Revit and Robot Structural analysis affected If those three parameters were a bit inaccurate? What are the risks? How much are those programs relying on validity of the section database parameters?

Thanks for answers

Have a great day

Distinguished Contributor
duchoabn
Message 2 of 2 (73 Views)

Re: XML steel section database parameters

04-01-2014 10:12 PM in reply to: 133737

Hi all

I have same problem in this topic, I want to edit or create one section database file ( .xml ) 

rst_profile databasse.jpg

Please guide me

Thanks all

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube