Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work flow

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bthatcher
173 Views, 2 Replies

Work flow

We are looking at investing in Revit Structural. I'm curious what the work flow is in regards to going from modeling to analysis. Is the analysis done right in Revit or is the model opened up in RAM? And how are they linked or re-imported or whatever? Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mwoods
in reply to: bthatcher

Linking with Ram

Works best if the model is generated in Revit. But can be generated in RAM as well. You generate the model in Revit then setup the link mapping to RAM. Export the model to RAM and perform your analysis, save your RAM files then go back to Revit and import the model changes back into revit.

Make sure no matter where you start the model make sure you set up the RAM to Revit mapping for both import and exporting in the Revit to Ram link.

Importing a new model from Ram requires a fairly current version for the link from Ram.

Ram has an example file and direction sheet on how to make this work
Message 3 of 3
bthatcher
in reply to: bthatcher

What do you mean by 'works best'? Design errors? Graphical errors? I have modeled in RAM and I'm just getting into the Revit Structural demo, but which would you say is a better modeler? I'm use to getting designs from RAM from engineers with inaccurate top of footing, top of steel, edge of slab, slope and the like. I know this won't fly in a BIM environment, can these be easily overcome in Revit? Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report