Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wood Truss in RS2008

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
rsoni
353 Views, 2 Replies

Wood Truss in RS2008

Any one figured out wood trusses? Any library for download?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
KSI_Thor
in reply to: rsoni

Check out REVITCITY.com
They have allot of good family downloads.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: rsoni

Don't know if this is what you are looking for, but I was able to crudely model wood trusses with the Truss model tool. After placing the truss, you then have to edit the truss "Type Parameters" to change the top chord, vertical and diagonal web members, and bottom chord to be the wood members you want/need. You also must have the wood members loaded as families into your project file before you can edit the truss members. I was also able to copy a gable truss family and redraw the top chord so that the ends of the truss were truncated. However, I was not able to get the ends of the truss (the architectural profile ie, the overhang, depth of truss at bearing wall, etc.) to work out at all. Anyone know how to work out the finer details of these things?

The one thing that I don't like is that the actual members are "Type Parameters". This means that if you have different gable trusses using different member sizes, you have to copy the gable truss family to a different family and then change the trusses to the copied truss family so that you can change the "Type Parameters" of the truss members (hope that is clear). It would seem to me that the actual member callouts would be instance parameters and not type parameters. Perhaps even the top and bottom chord alignment as well.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Steve Message was edited by: slengineering

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report