Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows into window openings

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Mihkels6
508 Views, 5 Replies

Windows into window openings

Our architects made revit model and now it is our time to start working on the structural one. As we are working in the same company then we can use central file. 

The question is, how can I convert windows made by the architect into structural window openings?

Also, as I am doing this architectural model ->structural model for the first time, then Id be very pleased if someone could link me some kind of material which would ease the process.

Thank you !

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Mihkels6
in reply to: Mihkels6

Seriously noone has any good ideas?

Right now all the windows are turned off and there are big holes in the walls.

But in order to tagg them it would be nice to have some kind of "frame"(window opening).

No one has  had this issue or how have u managed to go around it?

Message 3 of 6

Idea to try:

1.  Modify the window component so that all the extrusions(also linework in plan) are not visable in "Course View" (This assumes your structural plans are draw in "Course View".

michael_fett

Message 4 of 6
Mihkels6
in reply to: Mihkels6

One idea but there are still architects working on this project and  I guess they would like this idea very much.

I was hoping to create dublicates which I could put under another workset.

Message 5 of 6

Then the only other suggestion I have is to edit the visibility graphics and turn off everything under the windows catagory (Elevations Swing, Frame/Mullion, Glass, etc..)but not the Windows catagory itself.  You should still be able to tag the window then.

michael_fett

Message 6 of 6

Well as someone who works for a structural engineering firm, any wall with a window in it is a probably a Non-Load Bearing wall, so its not something we would model to begin with. But if your intent on using a second object for the opening, we use the "Opening-Door" family for significant openings in our Load Bearing walls (like doors in core walls), that particular family has size parameters. Also a Opening - Wall family exists OOTB, but thats more painfull to use. Both are Generic model category.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report