Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Void in a structural foundation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
JFN_KSH
3504 Views, 2 Replies

Void in a structural foundation

I'm new to revit. I'm trying to create a void (pocket) in my structural foundation (equipement pad). I created the foundation by using the model-in-place component tool. So I edit-in-place  the structural foundation then construct the void form (I used Void Extrusion). When I'm finish I hit the OK button & I get this error (see image below).

Why?

How do you create void in structural foundation?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rbm8308
in reply to: JFN_KSH

I ran it to this lately as well.  Its actually cutting thru you analytical foundation not the actual foundation.  You have to turn off the analytical foundation for it to work.  Do that and you should be good to go. 

Ex: Click on the foundation and up in the panel (ribbon) you will have a button that says disable analyitcal, click that and it will turn off the analytical founation, then place the void and join and it should work.

Message 3 of 3
dgilbertFBRA1
in reply to: rbm8308

Once you create the void extrusion, you need to tell Revit manually, via the Cut Geometry tool, that the void cuts your solid.  Revit will not automatically cut the solid.  It will instead give you a warning message to remind you to use the cut geometry tool.  Press Cut Geometry, Select the void, then select the solid.  Finish Family...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report